Vacation Security Checklist
* Request the Honolulu Police Department do a house check while you are away.
* Replace broken screens, latches, and windowpanes.
* Secure gates and sheds.
* Trim shrubbery and mow.
* Don’t hide house keys outside.
* Request a vacation hold for the mail and newspapers.
* Turn off iron, ice-maker, electronics, and phone ringer.
* Put lights on a timer.
* Leave draperies open slightly on upper floors.
* Let only a trusted friend or neighbor know you will be away.
* Don’t post your travel plans online!